by Ashutosh Aswal — 22/1/2022
One app for all women, covers everything from safety to health and more. 💁♀️
In Foss Overflow 2021, I contributed to Sampoorna. It's an android app that focuses on women and tries to help them in their daily life. 🙆♀️ The app can be used in emergency to send a SOS to the saved contacts , another feature being a menstruation tracker that updates the user about her menstruation cycle. I got to work with awesome people ,learn a lot of new things about the FOSS world. Working on Sampoorna app , I had to make sure that the app is as useful as possible, robust , and easily extensible. All along the program I faced lots and lots of issues , errors , and bugs , but with the kind guidance of the mentors Akshat Tiwari and Sunit Roy, I was able to fix most of them , and make Sampoorna a better app.
I got to learn so much from this event .
I learnt and improved various things along the project like:
- MVVM Architecture
- Dependency Injection using Dagger Hilt 🔪
- Services, Broadcast Receivers
- Lifecycle of application
- many Android Jetpack features
- Material Designs , and many more.
📝 My Contributions
- Setup the onboarding and main activity of the app, and their respective fragments.
- Contributed to the design of the app.
- Setup of MVVM architecture.
- Contributed to the SOS feature of the app.
- Helped my co-contributer Aastha in fixing bugs
Overall I loved contributing to Sampoorna , got to learn lots of new things in a short span of time , and now I feel more confident in the app development.💪 📈