FOSS Overflow is a month-long festival celebrating open source culture and is organized by Google Developer Student Clubs and OpenLake at IIT Bhilai.
Students are paired up with mentors to work on open sourced projects and amplify their skills and profile in the process while simultaneously bagging cash awards and prizes.
The program is designed to prepare students for global open source internships like GSoC, LFX, and Outreachy that start shortly after the program is over.
Why should I apply?
- Make new like minded connections who are enthusiastic about open source.
- Receive a cash award worth ₹10,000, awesome goodies, and certificates.
- Get mentored by past GSoC students and regular open source contributors.
- Preparedness for GSoC 2023
- Get prepared for Google Summer of Code, Linux Foundation Mentorship, and Outreachy
- Real-life projects
- Get to work on projects that will be used by real people and colleges
- Learn to collaborate and build sophisticated software with your mentors.
How to Apply?
- The participants should write a maximum of 3 proposals for the projects that they wish to be a part of.
- Proposals must include what the participant wants to implement and how they plan to achieve it.
- The participants are free to discuss with the project mentors or the organizing team via Discord while drafting their proposal.
- You must be above 18 years of age.
- You should have a basic knowledge of Git and GitHub.
- You should have a basic understanding of the tech stack that is used in your project.
- You must be able to devote 30 hours per week during the 4-week long coding period.